Subject: i386 20000213 snapshot glitches
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2000 23:50:59
     I just tried installing the -current i386 20000213 snapshot.
There were a few glitches with it.  I used sysinst and let it do a
clean install (wiping the drive).  The first problem was that pax
wasn't able to unpack "base.tgz" cleanly.  It started complaining about
not being able to store the modes of directories that it was creating
and there were console messages about "/" being full.  From this, I
deduced that "/tmp" wasn't big enough.  I was able to install the
system, by clobbering anything on the RAM disk that wasn't needed at
that point and manually unpacking "base.tgz".  The second problem was
that MAKEDEV complained about not being able to find "grep".  And
finally, telnet complains about not being able to find "libkrb5.so.6"
making it useless.  BTW, it would be nice if instructions for enabling
a.out compatibility were placed in the snapshot directory.