Subject: Re: PPP funnies
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2000 11:19:34
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> I've seen that enough times, that I always have the chat script bang
> on the serial port a couple of times, like so...
>
> TIMEOUT 10
> ''      AT
> OK-AT-OK        'AT&FE0&C1&D0 L1W2'
> TIMEOUT 100
> OK		'ATDT...
>
> and so on. This way, it never fails.

Tried something like this.  The only difference is that I have 'ATZ' instead
of 'AT'.  Doesn't seem to make any difference.  The chat script fails some
of the time.  ps says it's on wait channel 'wait'.  Watching the modem lights,
it looks like is does get 'ATZ' twice, but presumably chat doesn't get either
'OK'.  I'm 99% sure it once worked all the time.  Could it something funny
when some of the lines are toggled (on 'ATZ' and when the line is dropped)?
One odd thing is that I tried using 'chat -v', and it has always worked (so
far).  Timing?  Race condition that only affects slow machines?

PS.  I take it no-one else sees anyting like this?

--
                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/