Subject: I must be doing something wrong...
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2000 17:21:38
So, building -current with CRYPTOBASE set to 'domestic', I still get:

building shared crypt library (version 0.0)
ld -x -shared -soname -o  /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o --whole-archive libcrypt_pic.a --no-whole-archive   /usr/lib/crtendS.o
ld: cannot open libcrypt_pic.a: No such file or directory

The problem, of course, is that 'libcrypt_pic.a' is in
/usr/src/domestic/lib/libcrypt, and we're trying to build in
/usr/src/lib/libcrypt, where there's no libcrypt_pic.a.

It seems implausible to me that this would be happening to anyone else, and
not be noticed, but I can't find any makefiles that are out of date.  Or maybe
I can:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    127 Jul 12  1999 Makefile.frag

Should domestic/lib/libcrypt's makefile be newer than that?

My supfile may be out of date; anyone have a current one I can compare with?