Subject: RE: CD-TEXT under NetBSD? (update)
To: Edwin Foo <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2000 14:30:33
> I can play the CD fine. I just can't convince the CD players I've been using
> to actually read the CD-TEXT data. Apparently, Wolfgang Rupprecht got it
> working.

cdrdao needs to have a special flag given to it to enable cd-text
writing.  I too wasted far longer than I'd like to admit before I
noticed this.  (Note the 0x10 flag given to generic-mmc.)

	cdrdao write --buffers 16 --reload --device /dev/cd0d --driver \
	      generic-mmc:0x10 --speed 4 -v 2 toc-file

I created the initial toc file by editing a toc I read from a cd-text

Wolfgang Rupprecht    <>
DGPS signals via the Internet