Subject: Re: sysctl for users mounting filesystems
To: Michael Graff <email@example.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 02/17/2000 22:49:06
On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 01:26:01PM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:
> This sort of scares me...
> Can users mount filesystems with setuid-ok status?
* Do not allow NFS export by non-root users. For non-root
* users, silently enforce MNT_NOSUID and MNT_NODEV, and
* MNT_NOEXEC if mount point is already MNT_NOEXEC.
* If the user is not root, ensure that they own the directory
* onto which we are attempting to mount.