Subject: Re: Tangent: Current-kernel revision naming...
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2000 10:03:52
	The 'real' relationship is

		1.3A -> 1.3B -> 1.3C ... -> 1.4 -> 1.4.1 -> 1.4.2

		1.4A -> 1.4B -> 1.4C ... -> 1.5 -> 1.5.1 ...

	Each of these is an independent stream, and the orderings
	are guaranteed.

	It might make more sense to have the current number based on
	the expected next release number (it can always skip if we decide
	to do 2.0 rather than 1.5), so:

		1.5A_CURRENT -> 1.5B_CURRENT -> 1.5C_CURRENT ... -> 1.5 ->

	(substitute 'DEV' for 'CURRENT' if you want to avoid nomenclature
	clash with the existing use of current :)

		David/absolute