Subject: Re: dialup server (pppd)
To: Chan Yiu Wah <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2000 04:43:25
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:

> > > Feb 16 22:43:21 lts159 pppd[1797]: Remote IP address changed to
> > >
> > > Feb 16 22:43:21 lts159 pppd[1797]: IPCP terminated by peer (Unauthorized
> > > remote IP address)

> Feb 16 17:02:34 pc77 pppd[1013]: Peer is not authorized to use remote
> address
> Feb 16 17:02:34 pc77 pppd[1013]: Connection terminated.

You have four different ip addresses here, where there should only be two.

Are either of or valid ips? Neither one
looks up for me. In any case, I would set up the ppp link as a private
network. The server gets

and not much else, and the client gets only...

so you can make any required changes on the server. You don't even
need to specify a tty and baud rate--the getty does that for you.
"silent persist" is also wrong if you're using a getty with a "ppp"

With that arrangement, you'll be able to telnet/ftp/rsh from the
server to the Mac client and vice-versa. Once you get ppp working, you
can complete the set-up by supplying legal addresses in the server
options and setting up routes, or by setting up ipnat on the server.