Subject: Re: Insertion/deletion of PCMCIA cards not noticed?
To: Hayakawa Koichi <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2000 00:14:42
In message <>, Hayakawa Koichi
>PS  Please file PR with category kern instead of port-i386,
>    when you send-pr about cardbus.

FWIW, my Gateway Solo (well, my mom's) is having card problems in -current
too.  My ThinkPad is fine.  With the Solo:
	* cbb0 at pci0 fails to probe because it can't find an IRQ.
	* pcic0 probes fine, and may even detect cards, but I get 'ne0: device
	  timeout' or 'ray0: device timeout' when trying to use them.

I've set mem8 to 1 unconditionally in both the pcic and pccbb stuff, due to
ongoing concerns about the ray0 driver not liking 16-bit memory access.