Subject: Re: WP8 for Linux?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2000 00:46:08
    Peter> Anyone gotten this running?  It looks like it installs a whole bunch of
    Peter> files, and I'm not sure which, if any, is the "real" executable, or how I'd
    Peter> coerce them into finding their various parts.  Mostly installs stuff in
    Peter> /usr/lib/wp8, it appears.

  Yes. I actually purchased the "personal" edition. It is worth it. The
conversion utilities in it are far better than in the "demo" version. (And
you can complain). This version also has a much install script/gui, I think.

  if you are like me, the primary reason to have it is to open the .doc files
which you just can't afford to hit "D" on...

  I just mounted the CD, and ran "sh /cdrom/install.wp". I then installed it
onto my system. I then copied my "/sandel/3rd/Corel/WP8" to my notebook. It
is running now in 1.4Q.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [