Subject: Re: WP8 for Linux?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2000 23:24:44
In message <14506.9853.437432.152925@fellini.mcmaster.wattle.id.au>, rmcm@comps
oft.com.au writes:
>Yes, it gets the tarballs from the CD.  Is the tree you have a
>pre-installed tree?

Ah-hah!

I have found a way to do this.  (Actually, not quite; I needed to use a Debian
box to open the 'wp*.deb' file).

If you download the "evaluation" version of WordPerfect from Corel's site, one
of the files it has is 'wp.drs', which is not in the *.deb file on the Corel
Linux Deluxe CD.

If you copy that file over, you end up with the full, multi-lingual version
(which takes up nearly as much space as StarOffice), and it works just fine,
and it doesn't ask about a license.  :)

Very cool.

(And, so far as I can tell, legit; I did actually buy the full version.)

-s