Subject: Re: Tangent: Current-kernel revision naming...
To: Andrew Brown <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2000 18:21:42
Andrew Brown <> writes:
> >>The correct representation of the relationship can be found, for
> >>instance, at:
> >>

> >yeah, i've seen that, and referred people to it at times.  i'm jsut
> >trying to simplify it a bit here.  to no avail.
> was there no 1.3.1_ALPHA then?  or does (did) the 1.3-release line
> just continue straight down to 1.3.3?

Uh, i don't know the answer to the former.  the netbsd-1-3 branch
'line' continued straight down from netbsd-1-3-base to 1.3.3 (and

when you see things like 1.4.2_ALPHA or whatever it was (which you
probably _have_ seen recently, that does _not_ indicate a secondary
branch off of the release branch (any more than 1.4_ALPHA or whatever
would indicate a secondary branch off the release branch that was just
created to become 1.4_ALPHA 8-).

Chris Demetriou - -