Subject: Re: Building a domestic system...
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: None <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2000 23:25:59
On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 02:43:13PM -0700, Miles Nordin wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Peter Seebach wrote:
>
> > So, obviously I don't just set DOMESTIC to /usr/src/domestic, or whatever.
> > What am I supposed to be doing?
>
> set CRYPTOBASE.  If you have a crypto-us or crypto-intl directory,
> bsd.crypto.mk will set CRYPTOBASE for you.  You can just rename domestic
> to crypto-us and not set anything.
>
> It's weird--everyone is saying ``crypto-us'' now but if you sup you still
> get ``domestic''.
	hmm.. maybe that should be changed to say crypto-us or crypto-intl.
Then again, maybe bsd.crypto.mk should be changed to recognize src/domestic
if crypto-* doesn't exist.

>In message <20000214153433.A23776@realms.nimenees.com>, seebs@plethora.net writes
>Where do I get that directory?  Is it the thing that used to be called
>'domestic'?
	Are you using sup to get your sources?  As Miles said sup appears
to still be giving out domestic.  Not sure whether it's crypto-us or not.
You should be able to check crypto-us out of cvs (or anoncvs, or ftp as
Miles suggested).

>Huh.  I tried setting CRYPTOPATH to /usr/src/domestic, and it failed.
	uh... what does your /usr/src/domestic look like?  crypto-us
looks like
CVS/                README              include/            sys/
Makefile.openssl    bin/                lib/                usr.bin/
Makefile.racoon     dist/               libexec/            usr.sbin/
Makefile.openssl:1.1.1.1
Makefile.racoon:1.6

how does it fail?

eric