Subject: exports nfs fstab mountd yadda yadda yadda
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2000 17:10:47
It just seems patently *absurd* that I should have to EXPLICITLY export
the parent of the directory I wish to export _as well as_ the directory
itself, with an -alldirs option!  Say I don't WANT /var/spool/mqueue
exported, especially with -maproot=0.  I sure don't want /var/mail
exported with -maproot=0, but I need /usr/share to be shared as such since
I may wish to build new sendmail.cf files and the like, and I may need
to do that from the client.

It also seems insane to me that the options to one subdirectory on one
filesystem must match those of an export on another directory.

...or Did I Miss Something, Here? [TM]

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: the second best thing you can get for free