Subject: Re: mountd won't export /var/mail
To: Greywolf <>
From: Jon Lindgren <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2000 15:52:35
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Greywolf wrote:

> defender is trying to mount starwolf:/var/mail on /var/mail.  Mount
> apparently succeeds but accesses to the filesystem return:
> 	/var/mail: Input/output error
> mountd on starwolf complains:
> mountd[5329]: "/var/mail", line 8: \
> 	Can't change attributes for /var/mail to

Perchance does only the first mount point work?  I ran into a strange
problem when netbooting a bunch of sparc boxes for install where only the
first mount point would work... all others give the same "can't change
attributes" error.  I never really looked into it, and thus never really
solved it.  Maybe it was tab vs. spaces?  I'm not sure...

 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...