Subject: Re: gcore! Where'd it go? ...and docs for procfs?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/2000 22:26:26
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

# It's not too surprising.  The 4.4BSD gcore knew about things like VAX
# pagetables (and nothing else).

Ah.

# I meant to move it into a syscall, but it was harder than I thought and
# then I got distracted.  I think pk meant to do something about it at
# one point, too.

Perhaps I should look into this at some point in spare time...

# What do you need gcore for that you can't do with an attachable
# debugger?

It's just nice to be able to grab a snapshot of a running process.
Besides, I'm still learning how to use gdb :-)  (Oh, what I would give
for a working adb!  Why?  Because I know how to use it.  The Y conversion
was kind of cool, too...oh, never mind.  You just can't justify some
things.)

# Thor

				--*greywolf;
--