Subject: Linux Emulation
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2000 02:19:27
Hi!

No, I don't want to run Staroffice, I want to play Heroes of Might and
Magic III.

There's a 95MB-demo at
  http://www.lokigames.com/products/heroes3/demo.php3
that displays a short
video, reaches the main menu and few seconds later (after some hard
disc activity) dumps core with "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".

To get even that far, I had to manually create ~/.loki and
~/.loki/heroes3_demo, since otherwise I got a not-enough-disk-space
warning. ktrace showed me that much, but now I'm stumped.

I'm running a very current -current: src and xsrc were all cvs'd
February 10th.

For Linux emulation I'm using the Suse-6.3 package from pkgsrc.

Core and ktrace output available on request, but big (10 and
12MB). Shouldn't be hard to create them yourselves.

Any hints?

Thanks,
 Thomas

--