Subject: Linux Emulation
To: None <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2000 02:19:27

No, I don't want to run Staroffice, I want to play Heroes of Might and
Magic III.

There's a 95MB-demo at
that displays a short
video, reaches the main menu and few seconds later (after some hard
disc activity) dumps core with "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".

To get even that far, I had to manually create ~/.loki and
~/.loki/heroes3_demo, since otherwise I got a not-enough-disk-space
warning. ktrace showed me that much, but now I'm stumped.

I'm running a very current -current: src and xsrc were all cvs'd
February 10th.

For Linux emulation I'm using the Suse-6.3 package from pkgsrc.

Core and ktrace output available on request, but big (10 and
12MB). Shouldn't be hard to create them yourselves.

Any hints?

Thomas Klausner -
Programming is like sex:
  One mistake and you have to support for a lifetime.