Subject: Re: ot: rescan of scsi bus
To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2000 21:33:06
On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 02:48:49PM -0500, nm wrote:
> A while back I requested some code that would rescan
> the scsi bus on a 1.3.3 system.  The code that was
> provided (sorry I cannot credit the author here, I
> cannot find the original piece of code) worked great.
>
> It seems that I need a new scanscsi.c for 1.4.1.

try

scsictl /dev/scsibus0 scan any any (for example). See "man scsictl" for
details.

But you really should NOT do this, unless you really have a hot-swappable
scsi bus and disk. Besides risking to damage the hardware, the machine
might panic if it tries to handle a page fault while you're connecting or
disconnect the bus.

	-is