Subject: Re: your mail
To: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@udel.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2000 09:42:31
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Jerry Alexandratos wrote:

> I'm trying to compile exim and xinetd with tcp_wrappers support and I'm
> running into some funky problems.  My system is a -current (1.4R)
> compiled a few days ago.
>
> With exim I get the following errors:
>     /usr/lib/libwrap.so: undefined reference to `allow_severity'
>     /usr/lib/libwrap.so: undefined reference to `deny_severity'
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>     *** Error code 1
>
> Of course, a quick grep of libwrap.so shows that these refs are in the
> library.

	Certain code in the library depends on those variables being
	defined by the calling program (which is lightly bogus), and
	the NetBSD linker chokes if they are not (which is more bogus).

	You can define bogus variables in exim and it should work.
	How does the version in pkgsrc fare for you?

> With xinetd I get the following errors:
>     .1.8.8pre8\"  -c access.c
>     In file included from access.c:16:
>     /usr/include/tcpd.h:90: syntax error before `FILE'
>     *** Error code 1
>
> Which is choking on the following in /usr/include/tcpd.h:
>     extern char *xgets          /* fgets() on steroids */
>             __P((char *, int, FILE *));
>
> Commenting that particular line out causes xinetd to compile correctly
> and to deny or accept connections based on /etc/hosts.allow.
>
> Am I borking something up here or is this a genuine problem?

	Add '#include <stdio.h>' at the top of tcpd.h - I believe someone
	has fixed this in current.

		David/absolute