Subject: None
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@udel.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2000 20:29:01
I'm trying to compile exim and xinetd with tcp_wrappers support and I'm
running into some funky problems.  My system is a -current (1.4R)
compiled a few days ago.

With exim I get the following errors:
    /usr/lib/libwrap.so: undefined reference to `allow_severity'
    /usr/lib/libwrap.so: undefined reference to `deny_severity'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    *** Error code 1

Of course, a quick grep of libwrap.so shows that these refs are in the
library.

With xinetd I get the following errors:
    .1.8.8pre8\"  -c access.c
    In file included from access.c:16:
    /usr/include/tcpd.h:90: syntax error before `FILE'
    *** Error code 1

Which is choking on the following in /usr/include/tcpd.h:
    extern char *xgets          /* fgets() on steroids */
            __P((char *, int, FILE *));

Commenting that particular line out causes xinetd to compile correctly
and to deny or accept connections based on /etc/hosts.allow.

Am I borking something up here or is this a genuine problem?

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 302.593.4322               ||  matter of life or death...
email: darkstar@udel.edu          ||  ...It's much more important