Subject: Re: 'quake' not building correctly?
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2000 06:16:46
I tried to build Quake about a month ago.  I think that I ran into
different problems, and put it on a back burner.

As for
/usr/src/pkgsrc/games/quake/work/WinQuake/gl_refrag.c:138: undefined
reference to `BoxOnPlaneSide', I can tell you that that's not part of
OpenGL---all OpenGL-related functions begin with ``gl'', ``glu'', or
``glut''.  So, ``BoxOnPlaneSide'' isn't likely to be libGL-related.

(Of course, anything's possible...*grin*)

Can you find the symbol defined anywhere inside of the Quake
sources?  Maybe #ifdef'ed out?  Or (conditionally) defined to a
_different_ (existing) symbol?

No idea on the sound code.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."