Subject: Re: hangs in 1.4Q: more disksort bugs?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2000 16:43:17
On Sat, 05 Feb 2000 13:15:30 -0800
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > I just tried a kernel built from today's sup, to see if the
 > power-management in if_tlp_cardbus.c made my NetGear card work after
 > suspends.  (thanks yet _again_, Jason!!) But after resuming, I
 > experienced symptoms just like the disksort bug from a week or two
 > back.  Processes start wedging up, eventually I cant do anything, and
 > I have to reboot to get the machine back.
 >
 > Is this known? fixed already? Anyone else seen the same thing?

Please just update to as current as you can get... you can even sort
of hot-swap your CardBus tlp card.

I'm still planning on doing the power hooks, but I have a LOT of
other things people are demanding from me right now.

For now, do what I do... use an /etc/apm/suspend script to bring
the interface down when you suspend.