Subject: Re: OSS lkm for NeoMagic (was: Re: a.out and -current)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@udel.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2000 19:18:26
On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 03:34:14PM -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:
:
: This is one place where, on i386, pnpbios information would help PCI
: devices.  PCI itself is "clean", but the hardware glue in PCI devices
: for legacy motherboard devices definitely isn't.
:
: But... the neomagic is an ac97 device at heat. rather than porting the
: OSS driver, woudln't it make more sense to engineer a native netbsd
: driver, usign our ac'97 support, and the info in the OSS or linux
: 2.2.13 neomagic drivers?

A better bet might be to look at the FreeBSD drivers that were recently
committed.

But until such a driver appears, can someone please answer my _original_
question and tell me if there's a way to run the OSS stuff which is
a.out on a purely ELF -current system?

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 302.593.4322               ||  matter of life or death...
email: darkstar@udel.edu          ||  ...It's much more important