Subject: Re: More data on ray0 not working...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@merit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2000 23:24:30
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:

> Well, FWIW, I put the card in a different system (admittedly, one with the
> same motherboard), and it still doesn't seem to work.

This is unfortunate.  It would be really useful if you had a different
MB.

> Curious things:
>
> * if the desktop pings the laptop, the laptop has ray0 interrupts, and scrolls
> lots of data.
> * however, "tcpdump -i ray0" is *SILENT* during this.
> * I still can't tell if either of them is really working.  :(
>
> A friend got one of these kits, so we're going to see if we can get one of the
> cards to do something in another system.

Well what kind of output do you see on the desktop?  Also, if valid
packets are showing up on the laptop you should see them in tcpdump.  If
your able to see packets from the receivce debug dumper and not in
tcpdump then the place its failing is fairly easy to identify.  Further
if you have debug on (which if your getting tons of output you do).
Every failure exit point has debug output for it.  So.. send me some of
this debug output please and perhaps I can help.

Chris.