Subject: lukemftp 1.2 released
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <email@example.com>
Date: 02/04/2000 00:47:25
i've finally released lukemftp 1.2, which fixes a few bugs, adds a few
features, and improves portability to other systems.
for those who don't know, lukemftp is a port of the netbsd ftp to
other systems, using an autoconf configure script and replacement
library for systems which don't have netbsd-specific library functions.
it is available at:
(and the various netbsd ftp mirror sites)
info from the `NEWS' file:
This is a brief description of the new features and fixes added to
lukemftp-1.2 since the release of lukemftp-1.1. As always, the manual
page (src/ftp.cat1) is the place to look for complete descriptions.
* During remote completion, only send ``NLST'' instead of ``NLST .''
when reading the list of files from the remote server; some servers
don't like the trailing `.'.
* Support a leading ``[user@]'' for ``[user@]host[:][path]'' auto-fetches
and ``[user@]host'' connections.
* Always compile in support for setting the type of service on transfers.
Should speed up transfers on Linux systems.
* Improve performance of non-rate-limited transfers.
* Work around ftp servers that aren't Y2K compliant in returning the
modification time of a file.
* Update the libedit library to support automatic and magic margins,
allowing ftp's rprompt to move an extra character to the right.