Subject: Re: Hm...
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/2000 15:21:39
On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 09:26:08AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> unsigned, like short, is not, strictly, a data type in its own right.
> But in a declaration that names only one or more of these `adjectival'
> type keywords and no `base' type keyword, "int" is implicitly supplied.

Hm.

So, my defining WEIRD_ADDR as follows shouldn't do anything strange. It
ought to give me four bytes of zero, just as 0xdeadbeef would give me four
bytes filled with de, ad, be, and ef in sequence.

#define WEIRD_ADDR      ((unsigned) 0x0)

I wonder, then, why I simply don't see my pet error when I define it this
way. Bizarre. This is the only thing I change. :/ I'll try again with fresh
source.

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  If a cow laughed, would
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  milk come out her nose?