Subject: Re: Samba weirdness on -current?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2000 11:28:33
At 07:59 AM 2/2/00 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>Someone should update and try Samba again now that Christos fixed
>a bunch of mistakes I make when I overhauled the SVID IPC stuff...

I can test on i386.

I just updated last night, but got a failure in crypto-us/libtelnet again.
I don't have the exact error message right now because my machine paniced
soon after that (been doing that a lot the last several days - hope I'm not
on the way to massive hardware failure) and I haven't restarted the build
again. At any rate, I'm assuming it's related to itojun updating all the
KAME stuff and only being able to update the non-us version of crypto stuff
[insert obligatory anti-NSA comment here]. I'm doing another update now to
see if there's anything new, and will try building again. As soon as I can
get a new userland and kernel built, I'll install new Samba and test it out.

Any particular test cases I should try, or was the failure "complete and
obvious"?