Subject: IDE summary, performance, config options?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2000 17:15:27
I've seen comments about other OS's IDE support along the lines of

"We default to having all features turned off, for compatability, you have
to turn them on and see which ones work on your hardware..."

Could someone who knows, comment on NetBSD's defaults, and tweakable
options? (And when to tweak them?)

We can add this to a FAQ somewhere - I couldn't find relevant information
today.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive