Subject: Re: semctl(2) changes
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2000 13:29:25
On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 01:25:21PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jan 31,  1:18pm, (Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: semctl(2) changes
> | I think this is a mistake, because it doesn't take into account the
> | literally thousands of copies of 1.4M kicking around out there on Comdex
> | Snapshot CDs.
> |
> | For example, 50 of Bill's and my students at Stevens Tech have this
> | installed on their machines (as do all the machines in my lab) and we
> | handed out Many copies at various trade shows -- at least a thousand.
> Could be, but can you name 1 (one) statically linked binary that uses
> semctl(2)?

Off the top of my head, no.  On the other hand, I can think of _plenty_
of moderately clueless NetBSD users who are likely to upgrade only their
kernels and be very confused when 1.4M packages they've built or acquired
stop working.

Thor Lancelot Simon
	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"