Subject: Re: Handspring Visor
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2000 12:59:27
> Sad when such a great thing is destroyed by marketing.

Actually, I think it's more of an embarrassment of riches - they got
*far* more orders than they expected.   Probably because the Visor
Deluxe is about 1/2 the price of the Palm Vx, but is slightly more
capable - it has an expansion socket and, of course, the USB cradle.
However, the Vx is half as thick, and hotsync doesn't seem to be a
bottleneck, so I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out.

I think in the long run Handspring will do well, but they need to
learn from their mistakes.   A flurry of cancelled orders will
probably have a sobering influence, eventually.

			       _MelloN_