Subject: Re: DELL Latitude and 3c589
To: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2000 11:11:57
On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 09:08:48AM +0100, Juergen Tritthardt wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Feico Dillema wrote:
>
> > You have to set a mask to exclude IRQ5. Look at some of the other
> > example kernel config files for: PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK. It's a
> > bitmask, clear hte bit for IRQ 5 and it should not assign it anymore.
>
> When I use the mask to disable irq 9 the card is working fine.

I think the PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK should be documented somewhere,
in man options or man pcic or in the NetBSD INSTALL document. It is a
bit of a FAQ and not easy to figure out on your own the first time
you need it. Or at least add a comment line about it in the example
kernel config files. Anybody?

Feico.