Subject: Re: short Xircom frames
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Ken Hornstein <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2000 13:15:23
>>Allow me to recommend the 3Com X-Jack connectors.
>I've actually found them *worse*.  Why?  Because one pin will eventually
>get bent.
>You will never unbend it.
>Every time you unplug the cable, that pin will be re-bent for you.
>Eventually, it will break.

I have to say that hasn't been my experience with the X-Jack (I've even
had my laptop slip off of my lap and be held up briefly by the ethernet
cable -- no problems).  And how does the pin get bent, anyway?

>Furthermore, you generally can't have an X-Jack coexist with any other
>card, especially if the other card has an output connector...

Not an issue with my laptop, since I only have one PCMCIA slot :-/  I
agree that it can be a problem (BTW, Wolfgang, I don't have a problem
with clearance with my X-Jack Ethernet card and my 505G).