Subject: Re: short Xircom frames
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2000 12:09:14
In message <20000127190539.A2784@gnyf.wheel.dk>, "Soren S. Jorvang" writes:
>On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 10:02:31AM -0800, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
>> Similarly, I see my Dlink cardbus go on and off-line if the doggle
>> flexs the cardbus micro-D connector up and down even the smallest
>> amount.  I'm coming to the conclusion that the doggle-cardbus
>> connectors just isn't that reliable.

>Allow me to recommend the 3Com X-Jack connectors.

I've actually found them *worse*.  Why?  Because one pin will eventually
get bent.

You will never unbend it.

Every time you unplug the cable, that pin will be re-bent for you.

Eventually, it will break.

Furthermore, you generally can't have an X-Jack coexist with any other
card, especially if the other card has an output connector...

-s