Subject: Re: umodem
To: Lennart Augustsson <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2000 13:17:57
On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 09:37:52AM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> I've changed the umodem driver by splitting into two parts: umodem and ucom.
> The config file now has to look like this:
> umodem* at uhub?
> ucom* at umodem?

don't you hook a modem to a communications port, and not the other way
around?  IE

ucom* at uhub?
umodem* at ucom?

Does having only 'umodem* at uhub?' make sense?  (IE can you use the
modem without having a ucom device associated with it?) Or is this just
the weird backwards way USB works?

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
  "Time Correct function allows automatically correcting slight variation
   of your key touching manner."  --  Roland MSQ-700 manual