Subject: Re: login.conf integration?
To: Martin J. Laubach <>
From: Ted Lemon <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2000 15:07:56
>   So just add a login.conf that reads
> default:\
> 	:path=/bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/X11R6/bin:

This doesn't change the default back to the way it was - it just
changes the default on one system back to the way it was.   I am
surprised that the default default has been changed, and I tend to
agree that it should be changed back.   The old default default was:

tundruk# echo $PATH

I think that this is reasonable, but even if you want to be paranoid,
there's no reason to exclude /sbin and /usr/sbin - indeed, the whole
point of those directories is to have a place to put maintenance
commands not normally required by normal (non-root) users.