Subject: RE: softdep panics
To: Ethan Solomita <ethan@geocast.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2000 12:38:56
> 	Then at the ddb debugger type "ps" to find the name of the process
> referred to by the pid, and note down the last column which tells you
> where the process is blocked. Finally, get the backtrace ("trace"? or
> "bt"? I can't remember).

I just got a deadlock again (not the panic) by runing a bunch of "make
cleandir" in paralell (in different dirs, of course). Last message was
"proc: table is full". The machine was working before that, I could switch
consoles, but every disk access blocked.

Dropping into DDB and doing "ps" showed lots of "rm" processes waiting on
"ufs_has" (inetd, nmbd and several others waiting for it too) and one "rm"
waiting on "softupd".

What should I look for?

Martin