Subject: video capture cards? or USB cameras?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2000 13:47:30
I want to get mbone/rat and hopefully mbone/vic running on zen or my
laptop.

I already have a soundblaster AWE64 in zen and I _think_ there is a
free PCI slot for a capture card or USB port?.  Zen is still running
1.3.2 but I've been meaning to upgrade it for some time - easier to do
now that I'm working from home (or will be when I get back there).

My laptop from work is a Dell Latitude CPx which also has audio
support, but it has to run FreeBSD, there are a couple of PCI slots in
the docking station.

Can anyone tell me if there are any cameras and/or video capture cards
known to work with NetBSD?  Essentially I want something that will
work with pkgsrc/mbone/vic.

Any USB cameras supported?

I'm in Sunnyvale until end of the week (22nd) so a visit to Fry's is
no problem.

Thanks for any handy suggestions.

--sjg