Subject: Re: Bringing CVS Into the Tree
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 23:37:13
On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 10:02:28AM -0800, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org> writes:
> > > Now the flame war: base or comp?
> >
> > Hmmm, anybody want to CVS sources without compiling them? I'd see
> > comp would be the logical place.
>
> Uh, CVS is very useful for lots of things other than sources.
>
> Personally, I use it for web pages and system configuration files
> (/etc -- yes, really, with a few helper scripts) as well as for
> sources.

Yes, me too. I just meant; considering the original reason mentioned
to incorporate CVS was to get to the NetBSD sources... most people
would like to compile those and therefor comp looked a better idea
to me than base. I wouldn't want to suggest CVS is limited to
source code ever (my homedir essentially contains 3 directories:
Mail, cvs and tmp ;)!

Feico.