Subject: Re: Bringing CVS Into the Tree
To: None <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 09:49:23
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Feico Dillema wrote:

: > Um, er, I think CVS uses RCS internally... Certainly it didn't work on HP/UX
: > until I downloaded GNU RCS, installed that, and rebuilt CVS on the HP...
:
: recent versions of CVS have RCS integrated I believe...

That's correct.

: ...and what should RCSLOCALID be set to? Standard `Id' or `NetBSD'?
: Or can we have CVS recognize both?

CVS, as a *client*, doesn't need to recognize $NetBSD$.  As a *server*,
RCS_LOCALID matters.

I've been contemplating implementing RCS_LOCALID such that it is fetched
from an environment variable at server startup....

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)