Subject: Bringing CVS Into the Tree
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2000 03:09:09
Since anonymous CVS is now an official method for getting and
updating copies of both the NetBSD source tree and the NetBSD pkgsrc
tree, I'm proposing that it would be a good idea to bring CVS into
the main tree, rather than having it just a package. If people are
worried about `bloat,' I'm happy to consider proposals for removing
other, less-used tools, such as RCS, or perhaps sup.

I've been considering this for a while now, because CVS and ssh
are the two things I *always* find myself building whenever I
install a NetBSD system for any purpose. (I'm hoping that at some
point we can bring in OpenSSH as well, to save the bother of
downloading and compiling that with every install.)

Thoughts? Opinions?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.