Subject: NetBSD 1.4.2-ALPHA kernel panic with CDROM
To: current-users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2000 12:11:38
A couple of days ago I reported a problem where I got a kernel panic on
my Sparc system running 1.4.2-ALPHA while trying to mount a CDROM.  The
panic is repeatable on my Mac68k system with 1.4.2-ALPHA as well.
Searching the PR database it appears to be the same problem as the one
reported in Kern/9058 which was reported against a 1.4P build.  I've
hopefully added a few comments to that PR.

The CD I used to panic both systems mounts and works fine on MacOS, and
mounts on Windows-95 but doesn't show any content.  This leads me to
believe there are no Windows or NetBSD recognizable Extentions describing
the files on the CD.  That would certainly make the CD unusable under
NetBSD, but it doesn't seem it should cause a kernel panic.  I'd be happy
to provide the CD to anyone who has the time, resources, and knowledge to
dig into solving this problem.

-bob