Subject: Re: RFC: Simple screen editor for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2000 01:20:36
On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 10:54:12PM -0600, Jay Maynard wrote:

> You're making one assumption, and it's the same one TLS made that offended
> me so greatly: he called these folks "f-ckwits". You both are looking at

No, I didn't.  But if you can't read you can't read, and I can't help _that_.

I said that 'ee' was an *editor tailored to f-ckwits*, and that having it
as the default out-of-the-box was actively annoying to people who weren't
f-ckwits.

I also said that it wasn't reasonable to have a default NetBSD installation
assume the user was totally unfamiliar with Unix.  If you can't deal with
_that_, and have to call it "corrosive Unix bigotry", I'm sorry, but I
expect I have little to discuss with you there, either.