Subject: Re: RFC: Simple screen editor for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <ezy@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2000 14:56:52
vi is the screen editor.  If we want to make an easier one, perhaps
a wrapper script and a .exrc might be in order?

I can understand the sentiment, but something like that is better
left to some BSD variant with a more cohesive front end (ie. a GUI
preferably (MacOSX?)).  If someone can't or won't learn vi keystrokes,
I don't have much hope for them figuring out which one of myriad
config files they need to edit and making the appropriate change
anyway.  That stuff is MUCH more archaic than 'i', ESC and ":wq".

Ezra