Subject: Re: mounting a ISO9660 FS image?
To: None <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2000 01:02:28

Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> writes:
> you can tell vnconfig to use a disktab entry with -t typename, or tell
> it a geometry in-line. See the manual page.

It was the geometry stuff that had me worried that vnconfig was not
what I wanted.

> vnconfig -vc vnd0 /tmp/bla 512/32/64/650

This did the trick - provided that the last number was correct.
See below.

> should give you something that works. If not, try 2048/8/64/650.

This almost works (again with correct number of cyls) but I got lots
of read errors - 512/32/64/* works better.

I had no trouble testing my iso images on a 1.3.2 box.

The following script - saves having to remember anything :-)

--sjg

:
# mntisofs isofs [mnt [vnd]]
isofs=$1