Subject: ac3dec source (easy to compile on NetBSD)
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Dave Sainty <dave@dtsp.co.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2000 18:22:56
Hubert Feyrer writes:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Brad Spencer wrote:
> > I was able to mount an older Jackie Chan movie DVD as a ISO-9660 disc and
> > using the freely available AC3 audio decoder I was able to listen to the
> > English audio "track" from the movie.
>
> Can you send me some pointer for this audio decoder? I've only played
> with what's available from the livid people, and didn't have too much
> success there...

http://ess.engr.uvic.ca/~aholtzma/ac3/

This is the home page for the ac3dec program.  This is also available
in the LiVid source, but this version is slightly newer.  It compiles
and links cleanly if you change everywhere it says OpenBSD to NetBSD
:)

Unfortunately it still breaks regularly when decoding audio from The
Matrix :(