Subject: Re: problem building telnetd with latest from CVS
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1999 16:54:52
Laine Stump writes:
> Yep, when the "lazy approach" didn't yield an immediate answer, I went
> through the commit messages and figured it out a bit ago, and things are
> now building.
>
> Just another example of how all this crypto export crap makes life
> inconvenient :-( (but on the other hand, perhaps allowing itojun access to
> the crypto-us tree to commit that two-character change really *would* have
> brought on Armageddon, as the NSA and State Dept. would like us to believe
> :-P )

Anyone else notice that ftp.cisco.com now allows anyone to download
encryption?  Here is their quote:
ftp> cd /cisco/crypto
250-*ATTENTION CRYPTOGRAPY USERS*
250-
250-Cisco has slightly restructured the ftp back-end to accomodate policy changes and new software.
250-
250-As 56-bit cryptography has been deregulated, 56-bit and IPSEC 56 crypto images
250-are now available under the regular software path:
250-
250-/cisco.
250-
250-Please note this change.
250-
250-Questions and problems should be sent to: sw-case@cisco.com
250-
250 CWD command successful.

How does this affect NetBSD?  Would it be as simple as putting only
> 56bit encryption in cryptosrc-intl, or what?  (are they even correct
on this deregulation bit?)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.