Subject: Re: Softdep disk usage issue
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1999 21:43:04
On 19 Dec 1999, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

#
# This happens on rdist too.  I normally build on one machine and then
# rdist everything but a few config files in /etc around to everyone
# else.  This has worked flawlessly for years.
#

I haven't tried to use softdep yet; will 'sync' force a faster update
or is it by and large ignored?

I think there should be a way to force synchronisation, or our softdep
code needs to be tun{ed,able} (self-tuning?  Not sure how that'd work...).

The issues described don't seem to fall under the realm of acceptable
performance (I'd certainly be filing a bug with the vendor if I ran into
such a problem).

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: The devil's advocate.