Subject: Re: Softdep disk usage issue
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1999 20:19:20 (Scott Ellis) writes:
> I have softdep enabled on that partition, and when doing either
> "tar --unlink -zxf base.tgz -C /" or "pax -rw -pe . /sbin/" I would get part
> way through the transfer, and then get 'disk full' messages.

This happens on rdist too.  I normally build on one machine and then
rdist everything but a few config files in /etc around to everyone
else.  This has worked flawlessly for years.

Now with softdep on all the filesystems I also saw this overflow and
the target machines would all hang.  I needed to reboot and restart
the rdist 3x before all the files were in sync again.

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
DGPS signals via the Internet