Subject: re: 11/17/99 make build error
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1999 11:13:10

   I've got a version of strfile going that doesn't include <sys/endian.h>
   and it's output is identical to the current version in the tree.
   However, neither a Solaris or Ultrix system can build strfile because of
   other NetBSD dependancies - at least <sys/cdefs.h>, <err.h> and sized
   integer type names.  Should I remove _all_ NetBSD dependancies?

yes.  this tool is used _on the host_ so we need to make it portable,
not NetBSD-cool... there are only a few (almost none now) problems
with doing full cross-compiles these days, but this is one of them...