Subject: cardbus and power
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1999 14:06:00
One difference I now see between an ep0 on the pcic0 and tlp0 on cbb0
is that the ep used to turn off it's transceiver led (and I assume
power) with an "ifconfig ep0 down".  This left the machine in a nice
tidy state for 'zzz' and coasting on batteries.  On the cardbus/tlp
I'm seeing the power stay on after an "ifconfig tlp0 down".  In fact,
I even see the led on after a "zzz" and after the machine has
suspended itself.  I'm not complaining about the fine work folks have
done to put cardbus into the kernel, but I obviously can't really
leave it suspended with the card's power on.  This isn't going to be
good for the battery lifetime.

Is there some other user-level way to turn off the cardbus power that
I can throw in /etc/apm/suspend?  Is this something else the bios
should have been doing but isn't?

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>