Subject: Re: vaio and cardbus
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1999 12:34:11
On 16 Dec 1999 12:17:30 -0800
 Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com> wrote:

 > thorpej@nas.nasa.gov (Jason Thorpe) writes:
 > > What kind of throughput are you seeing?
 >
 > With the tlp driver on both an old ppro-150 (intel venus brd) and on
 > the sony505tx I'm seeing:
 >
 >         10099.90 KBytes/sec ppro->sony
 >          2639.46 KBytes/sec sony->ppro
 >
 > So it looks like the Linksys cardbus card can dish it out, but it
 > can't take it.

Matt Thomas has noticed this odd behavior under the "de" driver w/
'143s, too.  There appears to be some SIA reset magick that needs to
be performed, but he hasn't quite found the right sequence yet.

Try 10Mb/s mode ... note it works great... look bewildered... now you
understand exactly how I feel about it :-)